Wednesday, July 8, 2009

ARTS+SCIENCES=FUTURE

                               


Man, when I came across this talk that Dr. Mae Jemison, (physician/dancer/astronaut) recently gave at a TED event, I was like "Yes, this is what I've been trying to say, for so long". All my life I've been trying to juggle my love and passion for the arts and sciences. Walking the tight rope that is my corpus callosum (the bridge between the left and right brain), feeling like this artsy nerdy freak of nature. But thanks to Dr. Mae, my anxiety can begin to dissipate. I can be artist and scientist! Singer and healer...thinker and creator, because creativity is a divine gift, it is all one in the same. My favorite quote from this talk is "I like to think of ideas as potential energy. They're really wonderful, but nothing will happen until we risk putting them into action".
You betta preach a work Mae, you betta preach a word!!!

P.S. Thanks to the blog: blankbareclean, for sharing this link


No comments:

Post a Comment