Sunday, March 8, 2009

World on Wheels



I missed a skate party last night and I am so sad that I did (Happy B-day Jessica). Now, I have the flattest feet on the planet, so I can only skate for about 7 minutes before I am in pain, but I remember those as being the best 7 minutes ever. There used to be this place that we used to go to as kids, called World on Wheels. It seemed like everyone wanted to have their birthday parties at that spot! We would sit on the side (because my 7 minutes was up) and pick out a cute guy and watch him go round and round, daring somebody to go bump into him. Those were the days. I think they shut World on Wheels down because folks were gettin shot (man, we can't have nothin') but the memories will live on! Good thing we still have that dude at Venice beach who rides around with his ghetto blaster and shiny suits, lookin like Bootsy Collins! Long live that dude as well for keeping the lost art alive (although I think he's on some kinda illegal substance)...oh well, details. bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment