Sunday, November 11, 2012


thinking of a master plan, cause ain't nothin but sweat inside my hand- Rakim
do you ever look around and think that perhaps your are off track with where you should be in life? well, don't! lol! (as if it were that easy). many of my friends have established careers, 1.5 kids, own a home and are probably building some type of investment portfolio. me, i'm a student (again), married, renting, no kids and broke. but let me clarify these statements. i am a student again because i decided to follow my childhood dream of becoming a physician although it is something that i have always been terrified of doing. i am happily married to the love of my life, my soul mate, who was put on this planet, in part, to make me smile, laugh, think and become a better person. i have no kids and i am not sure if i ever will have any, but i do have a sassy pet chicken named Solea who makes me smile when she trots towards me in the mornings. i am renting, but i live in a beautiful house on a quiet tree-lined street. my backyard is filled with lemon, fig, persimmon, peach, orange and grapefruit trees. not to mention, my next door neighbor has an avocado tree and i love avocados. i am broke, there is no way around that, but i will not be broke forever. i often think of the life that i want to live and although i am not sure how to make it all happen, it is within reach. but in the meantime, i want to learn the art of gratitude. step 1 starts today :)

2 comments:

  1. perspective is reality. thank you for the reminder. (your mind is a beautiful place to visit) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your honesty has literally just inspired me, to write. Maybe even something else. thanks you for sharing your truth, Im happy i found it.

    ReplyDelete